We are glad to announce a new version of Altai Private Cloud for Developers.
This update introduces out-of-the-box LDAP/AD support in Altai Cloud. It should help to manage cloud users and authorization in companies where LDAP or AD is used.
A new version of Altai Private Cloud 1.0.1 is ready to use. This is bugfix release. It is recommended to use for everybody instead of 1.0.0. Read our upgrade guide to do this.
To our blog community
We are very excited to announce the launch of the Altai Private Cloud For DevOps solution.
Altai combines the best technologies from the OpenStack community with extensions developed by Grid Dynamics—enhancing its stability and scalability, optimizing the developer experience, and shortening time-to-market for new applications.
New key features include:
- installation in under 15 minutes
- VLAN-based mode for network isolation between projects
- self-service dashboard for administrators, development managers, and engineers
- built-in accounting and billing system, with reports available via dashboard
- built-in DNS based on PowerDNS
- a new method of handling project private and global images with global images managed by administrators
At Grid Dynamics we are committed to building optimized solutions for eCommerce businesses — solutions that are not just geared toward production deployments, but are also ideal for development and QA operations. We are proud to offer faster, better solutions to match and resolve our customers’ toughest challenges.
Grid Dynamics has been using OpenStack inside the company since the Diablo release — adding new extensions and building new services around them such as our accounting system, which we have already opensourced.
Now, we would like to bring you our latest offering — the Altai Private Cloud For Developers.
Try the new cloud for yourself! Visit us at
and learn more about this exciting new cloud distribution.
`nova-billing` service is ready for community review. It is a service which accounts resource usage per project (tenant). This information can be used for charging client later.
Currently it collects information about instances and images and snapshost in glance. Local disk usage (Gb*h), memory (Mb*h) and virtual CPU count (vcpus*h) are accounted for VM instances and disk space (Gb*h) is accounted for images in glance .
Next we are going to include other resources like network storages (volumes).
Information can be received from REST interface or you can use CLI command `nova2ools-billing` from `nova2ools` set (available from Yum repositories).
We want to share our roadmap with a community. In the nearest future Grid Dynamics are going to focus on new component and services development. All services will be open sourced.
What are we going to present soon:
- Now we are developing resource accounting system for OpenStack (nova-billing).
- We are developing DNS service, so every VM in a cloud will be resolved by its name and administrators of tenants will own one subdomain and will be able to add custom DNS records or subdomains.
- We have created separate set of utilities called nova2ools and going to present them soon. They will offer utilities to work with nova and utilities to work with our services like billing or DNS.
- We are going to start working on hardware provisioning for OpenStack. Sometimes it is very important to be able to work on real hardware. Ability to get hardware in a OpenStack way through REST API should be very useful.
To reflect this activities we have created a site with documentation and additional information: http://www.griddynamics.com/openstack.
Because of many requests we prepare repository with CentOS packages:
To use this repo you should also use EPEL repository.
It is also necessary to use extra CR CentOS repository. That should resolve some problems with outdated dependencies.
We are happy to inform you, that we have prepared RPM packages for RHEL. We tested packages for compatibility with Scientific Linux as well.
Differences from upstream:
- Selinux for VM instances is disabled by kernel option
- tgtadm is used for iSCSI managing instead of ietadm
- GuestFS is used for files injection
- Static network configuration can detect OS type (RHEL and Ubuntu are supported)
- Files injection works with libvirt
- Other bug fixes
Yum repo: http://yum.griddynamics.net/yum/diablo/.
We are waiting for your questions/comments at our mailing list: email@example.com.